Tures Castle towers high above Campo Tures and fits very well into the surrounding mountain panorama of the Valle di Tures.
The impressive Tures Castle above the village of Campo Tures in the Valle di Tures fits very well into the surrounding mountain scenery. Since 1315 the castle had been in the possession of the Lords of Tures. However, after the Tures family died out around 1340, it started to decline.
At the beginning of the 20th century, Ludwig Lobmayr restored Tures Castle for the first time. Around 1945 the second restoration was funded by Hieronymus Gassner. Today, Tures Castle can be divided into a Romanesque part dating back to the time of the Lords of Tures (keep, residence tower with mullioned windows, castle chapel) and a Gothique part built by the Bishops of Bressanone (fountain house, drawbridges, parapet walks, ecc.). In 1977 Tures Castle finally entered into the possession of the South Tyrolean Castle Institute (Südtiroler Burgeninstitut).
Today, one third of the castle can be visited. The furniture and the tile stoves in the 64 rooms are original. Moreover, the castle exhibits Swiss pine panelling, Gothic and Romanesque artworks and several cupboards of different styles. Children are particularly attracted by the armoury, while art lovers want to see the famous Pacher frescoes. Moreover, Tures Castle hosts a very cosy tavern.
Winter opening hours: from November 4, 2019, to June 1, 2020
Nov 4 - Dec 7, 2019:
guided tours daily at 3 pm (in German language)
Dec 8, 2019 - June 1, 2020:
guided tours daily at 10 am and 3 pm (in German language)
1 hour later always in Italian language
on Dec 24 closed in the afternoon
on Dec 25 and Jan 1 closed in the morning
Summer opening hours: from June 2 to the beginning of November, 2020
phone: +39 0474 678053, firstname.lastname@example.org