Casteldarne Castle, located on the left bank of the Rienza river in Casteldarne, consists of two parts
Casteldarne Castle is located in the eponymous village on the left bank of the Rienza river and dates back to the 12th century. In the course of time the castle was partly extended and rebuilt. It was family seat of the Lords of Künigl, until it was sold in 2010.
Especially from the architectural point of view the castle is interesting. In fact it consists of two pieces, in the south the old part is located and in the east there is the Baroque part, which was rebuilt in 1732. Casteldarne Castle is accessible via the southern part, like this another highlight can be seen, the arcade court. On three sides of the court, granite columns with filigree capitals tower which are the load-bearing elements for the gorgeous circular arcs. Today the complex is in private hands and not open to the public.
not accessible to the public