Until 2014 Anras Castle housed the museum of the Hochpustertal valley and the Court Museum
In the village centre of Anras in East Tyrol, a noble building is located, Anras Castle. It was built as a summer residence for the Bishops of Bressanone in the 13th century. In the 18th century the castle was enlarged in Baroque construction style. In the course of this reconstruction, a part of the ancient parish church which dates back to the 6th century was integrated in the castle.
Anras Castle houses wonderful furnishings, Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque frescoes as well as the court hall of 1755 and a granery. Also a lodge is part of the complex. Until 2014 the castle housed the museum of the Hochpustertal valley and the Court Museum with the exhibition of the Austrian caricaturist and graphic artist Paul Flora. Today the castle is not open to the public anymore.
The owner of the castle, the Messerschmitt Foundation, is working on a strategic re-orientation of the complex. The lodge, though, with its holiday apartments, is still open to guests.
- Village 51 - 9912 - Anras
- +43 664200 8611
Anras Castle, the restaurant and the nature shop have been permanently closed since 2014: The committee is working on a strategic re-orientation of the complex. The castle should be made accessible again in the next years for the guests of the Landhaus.