You are keen on ice climbing? The Val Pusteria awaits you with amazing ice falls and ice towers!
The Val Pusteria is a very good but still quite unknown place for ice climbing. The best area might be the one around Riva di Tures, with routes up to the 6th level of difficulty. Here, most ice climbing routes are three pitches long, offering great panoramic views. From Riva di Tures, many waterfalls can be reached by foot. The best time for ice climbing are the months from December to March. Some of the ice climbing routes in Riva di Tures are listed below:
Milchtrinker ice fall (4+)
- beautiful ice falls in a sunny position
- where: opposite of the parking space of the tour start to the Rif. Vedrette di Ries
Tristenbach ice fall (4)
- varied climbing with great views
- where: park near the “Säge” restaurant, cross the bridge and continue along the left side of the brook for about 45 min
Furth ice fall (4)
- impressive ice fall, famous and very popular, often much snow on the route
- where: park near the “Säge” restaurant, cross the bridge and continue until the Furth alpine pasture
Attention: Beginners should not try ice climbing without an experienced mountain guide. Moreover, always inform yourself on the conditions of the routes, since they are of course very dependent on the weather.
For more information please contact:
Scuola alpina Val Pusteria
tel. +39 0474 944660