Rasun Vecchia Castle
The castle built around 1200 is located south-east of Rasun di Sotto.
Rasun Vecchia Castle is located south-east of Rasun di Sotto, on a wooden hill above the church of the village. It was built by the Lords of Rasun around the year 1200 and mentioned for the first time in a document of the Bishop of Bressanone. Other documents reveal that in 1259 it was transferred by Meinhard II to his wife, so it had not been in the possession of the Lords of Rasun for a long time.
In the 13th century Rasun di Sotto was the court seat of the County of the Val Pusteria. In 1553 it entered into the possession of the Lords of Welsperg, who let the castle finally decline. Today, the ruins of the keep, the hall and the curtain wall can be visited.